Western Dragon Teas and Tisanes
In this episode, we are chatting with Anthony Garcia-Copian of Western Dragon Teas and Tisanes. Raised in Europe Anthony had a deep appreciation for fine food, learning about tea at an early age. Anthony is an artist and Playwright who after losing his job decided to look at starting a tea business.
The idea all started while watching a clip from Dragon Ball Z at a friend’s home. Anthony thought about creating a tea call Dragon Ball G with Green Tea and Ginger. He thought, what about blending teas, that include herbs, barks, leaves, spices, and Western Dragon Tea and Tisanes was born.
You might think that a beverage is easier to develop than a food product, no so. Anthony reminds us that there was a lot of research, testing and tasting that when into the various tea blends sold by Western Dragon. There is nothing that takes the place of good old-fashioned hard work.
“Anything related to taste requires that you be an artist of some time so have that artistic passion.”
- Born in Cuba, Anthony’s parents moved to Spain where he was first introduced to good food and great tea.
- Anthony’s family was in the catering business fueling his love for excellent food.
- As a child, Anthony was introduced to tea by a Baron while living in Spain
- There was a lot of research that went into developing Western Dragon Teas and Tisanes.
- Originally, Anthony did not like green tea but knew it had a number of medicinal purposes.
- What is a Tisane? Tisane is an herbal tea, made years ago from barley.
- It was Mao Feng Tea that started Anthony’s journey because it had a natural sweetness.
- Listen as Anthony fearlessly tells local vendors about his tea business.
- Learn how developing a unique sense of taste and authentic style can take your product from kitchen to market.