When Was the Last Time You Said Thank You?
Last Updated on March 17, 2019
A simple “Thank You” can go a long way. When was the last time you sent your customers a thank you note? Do you even engage with your customers? The scenario: A customer buys online, at the farmers market, or through your Etsy Shop. You say, “Thank you.” The engagement ends. You got your money and fulfilled the goal of selling your product. Does this end your communication with that customer? All too often we don’t care if the person reorders. We are all about the money.
The issue with being all about the money is a one-time customer will never sustain your business. Now, this is going to be painful but I’ll say it anyway.
[bctt tweet=”You are in business for the wrong reason if all you want is first time customers.” username=”foodpreneurbiz”]
It’s time to reexamine how you engage with customers, past and present. People cannot become a repeat customer if they’re not acknowledged as past customers.
Imagine how your clients would feel if they got a handwritten note from you or something custom made! Happy right? A happy customer may net you some new business. Happy customers may share those stories about you and your product.
First of all, remember the only person responsible for repeat business is you. While having excellent customer service is good. Having an amazing product is great. Showing gratitude to your customers is priceless.
Thank You Messages
Below are sample ‘Thank You” message you are welcome to use or modify.
- Dear Valued Customer, thanks for shopping with us. We hope you enjoyed your xxxxxxxxxxx. We are always searching for ways to please our customers. And even though we all live busy lives we wanted to tell you how much we appreciate your patronage.
- It was a pleasure meeting you at the farmers’ market this weekend. I wanted to take the time to share how much I appreciate your business. I look forward to your future visits at the xxxxxxxxx Farmers Market.
- The Farmers Market season has begun, and we look forward to serving you over the summer months. Thanks a lot for your patronage and support.
- As a child cannot thrive with a mother, we can’t grow without a customer like you. Thank you for your patronage. We look forward to future orders.
If you are selling online, remember to send a “Thank You” message after every order no matter how small.
- Thank you, for your online order. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to call us.
Here are some “Thank You” customer appreciation gift ideas.
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.