Search Knowledge Base by Keyword

How to Sell Baked Goods made with Booze in Michigan

Last Updated on April 28, 2019
You are here:
Selling boozy baked goods in Michigan is not as hard as you think. Many Michigan bakers make Bourbon Balls and Rum cakes during the holidays. And one question asked is can I bake with booze?
The answer is yes. All bakers making food products with a high alcohol content need a license. They must contact the Michigan Liquor Control Commission.
The process involves completing a Michigan License Form LLC-3015. This form fits a variety of liquor-related businesses, it could be a bit confusing.
Live in Michigan? Bake with booze? Follow the basic instructions below to sell homemade baked goods with a high alcohol content.
For those who want to complete the Michigan License Form LLC-3015 online use the link below:
Part 1: Mark ‘New License’ and complete this section
Part 3: Ignore this section
Part 4: Mark ‘Industrial Manufacturer’
Parts 5-13: Complete these sections
Part 14: State source of funds (e.g., loan, personal savings, borrowing from an individual, etc.)
Part 15: Ignore this section
Make sure to sign and date the form and return it with the inspection fee. There is a one-time inspection fee of $70 and an annual license fee of $10 per year. There is about a 60 day turn-around time for the inspection process.
If you have questions contact, Theresa Whitehead, Michigan Liquor Control Commission, at (517) 322-1415, or email