There are times when starting a food business is in the stars. This was the case for Kyle and Amanda Reninger, owners of Sea Salt and Cinnamon. The Muncie, Indiana catering company started as a home-based bakery. Specializing in vegan, gluten-free and organic baked goods, but the journey has not been an easy one.
Everybody has a story and the more you listen the more you learn. The goal of the Foodpreneur Institute is to interview food entrepreneurs from all across the U.S. We are aware many new food crafters don’t know what they want to specialize in. As a result, they make a variety of products not focusing on a unique product.
Kyle and Amanda offer a variety of practical lessons on what it takes to operate a successful food business.
- Don’t expect the start-up to be a “clean process”
- Learn what it takes to sell your food product
- Develop partnerships early
- Get involved in the community and get the word out
- In the beginning, keep your overhead low
- Become visible in the community
- If you want to partner with someone “Ask”
The whole process of starting your business is a sobering experience. You will do tasks and engage with people you don’t know.Take the chance and move outside your comfort zone. Your livelihood and the success of your business depends on it. Click To Tweet
If you would like to learn more about Sea Salt and Cinnamon contact Kyle and Amanda Reninger at email@example.com.
Podcast Music by Bensound-The Lounge